Thursday, December 2, 2010

White Bunny

in my hands
i hold you
newborn
soft and warm
i love you with an unguarded passion
you respond with quiet sounds
and you cuddle in close to me
you love me fiercely back
but the world is bright and new
and you jump from my hands
to explore and see and know
you run fast and far
i chase and cry out
i follow you
i need to hold you, protect you
i need to love you
and feel your love back
you pass through the gate
and i am jailed inside
i climb and jump with no luck
but suddenly you return
my white bunny no more
you have grown, bigger with gray markings
but i still love you, i have loved you all along
and you still love me.. though i hold on tight to never let you go again
you are willing to stay, willing to love and be loved
and i am happy once again

No comments:

Post a Comment